Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings!!

Happy Thanksgiving! This was such a special year for Thanksgiving for me! It was the first year in nine years that I was able to go home and spend Thanksgiving with my Grandpa! I love him so much. He is such a special person. Since my Grandma passed, he hasn’t had an easy go at it. He has been so lonely and I can’t even imagine how hard it is for him. I miss her so much that my heart aches and I think about her daily. He has such a great heart and it was really fun to sit and talk with him and hear all of his stories. I could listen to them for hours. It was fun to be with my family and have everyone home at the same time in a very long time. The house was packed and cozy, just how we like it! My mom made amazing rolls and pies and my Dad does an awesome job at the turkey carving! We had so much with the Phillips, Angus’ and Pivas. I enjoy so much spending time with my family. I think some times we take each other for granted and get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to call or drop in to check on them. The only thing I missed was that Matt wasn't with me on this special day. I just want my family and Matt to know how much I love each of them. I am very blessed to have them in my life!

























1 comment:

Marla said...

That is what Thanksgiving is about. It looks so fun. Brought a tear to my eye. I went home too and it was fun!